The PHONICS Road to Spelling and Reading
By Barbara Beers
Designed to follow Level Two
This Year there are Four Sections of Study:
1). Spelling Log/Building Codes - A comprehensive review of the 1000+ spelling words we have learned so far; then a continuation of about 350 new spelling words with Rule Tunes and all new Building Codes designed for cursive writing.
2). Framing/Framing Codes - A comprehensive review of all the parts of speech taught in Level Two with Grammar Tunes plus new Framing Codes; then new grammar structures with Framing Keys and many dictated sentences to write and analyze. Introduction and practice with the dictionary for identifying parts of speech for each word in the Spelling Log.
3). Designing Codes - The Journeyman begins learning some of the advanced tool attachments that will make him a skilled designer and finisher. This takes the form of detailed instruction in prefixes, base words, and suffixes of English. The student is introduced to the designing components that Latin has to offer English. We build another 400 words using these designing tools in notebook and game format.
4). Reading/Composition - The student will read-aloud Robert Fulton Boy Craftsman and Benjamin West and His Cat Grimalkin daily and learn various literary elements through dictation and composition activities.
Complete Package Includes
Foreman’s Construction Guide: the teacher’s 3-ring binder containing...
- 10 Disc DVD Set
- Spelling Log- spelling list for the year that includes Framing column for
dictionary work. New words still built with Rule Tunes.
- Building Codes - new completed charts designed for cursive writing that
illustrate various spelling rules.
- Framing Codes - all new completed charts illustrating various parts of
speech with Grammar Tunes; introducing Framing Keys.
- Designing Codes - introduction to Latin with analyzation of 400 more
difficult English spelling words.
- Robert Fulton Study Guide - daily reading schedule and completed notebook
pages for Robert Fulton Boy Craftsman.
- Designing Tool Cards - for building complicated words of Latin origin.
- Verb Memory Game - for learning the forms of irregular verbs.
Journeyman’s Log: the student’s 3-ring binder containing...
- Spelling Log - customized paper for recording all spelling words and
- Building Codes - blank custom charts for recording various illustrations
of spelling rules.
- Framing Codes - blank custom charts for recording illustrations of
various parts of speech and dictated sentences.
- Designing Codes - blank custom pages for recording intro to Latin.
- Robert Fulton Study - a place to keep his literature and composition
activities from his study of Robert Fulton Boy Craftsman.
- Robert Fulton Reader - student notebook pages bound into reader.
Reading and Composition Guide for Benjamin West and His Cat Grimalkin: a 3-ring binder containing...
- Completed Teacher’s Notebook Pages: daily reading schedule and 86 completed notebook pages.
- Blank Student Notebook Pages: custom activity pages to build.
- Benjamin West Reader